Saturday 19 January 2013

Blog Bliss

This morning's visit to one of the blogs I follow has proved to be one of those journeys of discovery and delight.  Reading the post at Stuck in a Book I found my way to My Porch and there read simply the most amazing quote ever.  In A Dance with Dragons George RR Martin wrote this

a reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
the man who never reads lives only one

So that is it.  I have changed the title of this blog from Wisdom and Wonder (true, but far too pretentious) and have borrowed Mr Martin's words for my new title.  I hope he doesn't mind.  But it captures perfectly how I have always felt about books but have never found the way to express it.  Thank you Mr Martin.

As for the other book lovers out there who are well established bloggers on the subject, I thank you too.  I am having a wonderful time among such titles as Book Puddle and Bride of the Book God.

So I have the perfect justification to keep reading (and buying more books); why live just the one life when you can live a thousand? This afternoon I will be back in the library to track down A Dance with Dragons, but before that I may just Google the quote to see if I can buy a print to hang above my bed.

And when I run out of shelf space, there is always the stairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment